What we're looking for:
Cherish is launching beta offerings this summer. We’re looking for a data science intern to join us at this exciting time to help us create beautiful ways for users to engage with data and help our team make data driven decisions. The internship start date is flexible and will continue through the end of August 2020 (~10-15 hours/week). There's opportunity for the role to continue beyond the summer. We’re building a product that combines research with empathetic support and are looking for someone talented and passionate to help us bring the data to life!
What you can expect:
- You will be a core and influential part of our small, growing team. You will be integral to developing the way our team uses data internally and for our users.
- You will be partnering with the founder on a wide range of projects that will drive business and product decisions.
- You will be responsible for deliverables like: data visualization for users, business metrics analysis and recommendations for improvements, designing and analyzing product experiments, enhancing data collection procedures for building analytic systems.
- Demonstrable experience and skills in data science (e.g., statistical analysis, regressions), even better if has understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g., Decision Forests)
- Fluency with data analysis technologies and software (e.g., MatLab, R, NumPy), even better if have strong programming skills
- Experience designing AB/Multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions
- Great communication skills and a strong eye for intuitive data visualization
- Effective time management skills, high sense of urgency, and independence
- Deep understanding and interest in the Cherish brand and target audience (e.g., interest in parenting, mental health, education, and/or needs of Gen X consumers)
This is an unpaid internship with the opportunity of continuing beyond the summer in a paid role. We're happy to work with you to apply for any relevant fellowships to supplement your summer income.
We understand this is challenging for many students and we are offering a stipend for students with financial need (reach out if you think you qualify).
You will be connected with folks in the founder's network across different industries for professional development (e.g., FANG big tech, start ups like airbnb and Uber, MBB consulting, venture capitalists, professors across major universities, etc)